Building Permits & Other Forms

Building Permit Applications & Information

QUESTIONS about permits?
Please call the township office (616) 335-3050 or email:

Building Inspector – Chad Warden (616) 344-1014 •
Plumbing Inspector – Bob Modreske (616) 477-4940 •
Mechanical Inspector – Bob Modreske (616) 477-4940 •
Electrical Inspector – Jeff Nyboer (616) 610-2897 •

Homeowner Principal Residence Forms

Homeowner’s Principal Residence Exemption (the affidavit to apply for the Principal Residence Exemption)
Homeowner’s Principal Residence Rescind Form (to change Principal Residence status of an existing property)
Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption

Zoning Board of Appeals

Burn Permits

Burn Permits are approved and administered by the Graafschap Fire Department. They are required for any open fires in Laketown Township. The area west of 66th Street is not allowed to have open fires unless permission is granted by the Fire Chief and his/her designee.

A permit can be requested during business hours by calling the Graafschap Fire Department at (616) 396-4060 or the township office at (616) 335-3050. 

PLEASE NOTE: Permits are not granted on Air Quality Action Days. For more information about this, visit the West MI Clean Air Action website.

Rental Unit Applications & Information

In early 2020, the Laketown Township adopted new rental unit registration requirements. The attached documents will assist you in the process of registering your rental unit.

If you have any questions, please call the Graafschap Fire Department Office at (616) 396-4060. You may also email:

Rental Unit Ordinance Amendment 2020 (Definitions & Rules)
The Rental Unit Application (Fill-in, Save, & Turn-in)
Rental Unit Safety Inspection (What to do ahead of time)
Rental Fee Schedule
U.S. Fire Administration (safety tips & resources)