Laketown Township’s quarterly newsletter “In Laketown” should be arriving in your mailbox in the next few days.
If you prefer the electronic version, check out https://laketowntwp.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/FallNewsletterFINAL2.pdf
The eight-page newsletter includes columns from township officials and representatives to area boards as well as news items. In the Fall 2023 edition, look for:
- Parks Commission: Chairperson Jeremy Van Hoven highlights the new informational signs at the parks, the five-year plan and fight against invasive species in the parks.
- Graafschap Fire Department: Chief Doug DenBleyker explains the research that went into choosing a new pumper/tanker and gives tips on how to avoid kitchen fires.
- Treasurer’s Trove: Jim Johnson goes over stats from the summer taxes.
- From the Assessor: Heather Jahr explains the assessment process and upcoming board of review meetings.
- Holland Aquatic Center: Sara Giesler writes about fundraising campaigns that benefit programs to help children learn to swim.
- From the Supervisor: Linda Howell looks at road work for 2024 and all residents can work together for the community.
- Herrick District Library: Andrea Goodell updates residents on the ongoing construction at the main branch.
The newsletter is designed so township officials can communicate directly with residents.
To get developing news and events about the township, follow the township website at https://laketowntwp.org/ . On the home page, scroll down under the news items and fill out the blank under “Sign up to receive notifications when we post new stories!” This will send new posts directly to your email.
Follow the township on Facebook, Instagram and Threads to stay informed.
The next newsletter will be out in January.